Wednesday, June 8, 2011

it's 2:30 pm

so what have i done all day?
well, it started out with a wakeup lying in bed,
dreamily listening through the crack in my window.
i didn't hear rain but it was still kinda dark, suns not out but the air is sweet and cool and the swallows are chittering as they do aerobatics from the barn's eaves.
i moved my legs and heard sylvia my cat purr and mutter.
she sneaks onto the bed when she knows we're in our REM.
i kicked off the quilt along with sylvia and stumbled into the loo.
i decided, looking in the mirror, even in my bleary state, that some of my hair was going to have to go.
i have 'thinning shears'.
i'm not complaining about my thick crop of hair.
so glad i have it, but at a point in time it must be thinned.
so i did a little clip clip here and a clip clip there
and then stepped into a steaming hot shower.
after drying and primping i got dressed fast.
pulled on my favorite cotton crops and a sweatshirt and felt ready for the day.
in the kitchen i turned on the gas under the tea kettle
and readied my bag of earl grey in my 1890's bluebird mug.
while the water was heating up i fed the kitties their morning chicken tuna special kittie breakfast.
grabbing my cup of brewing tea now, i stepped into the morning room. (that's what we call our living room in the morning)
this is where joe and i meet. He in the sofa, me on the lounge.
we read our Bibles and pray together. this wasn't always the way it was but it is now and i love it.
next comes breakfast. i LOVE my cornflakes.
i have to eat organic no sugar. my cornflakes are organic sweetened with fruit juice.
i pour soy milk over them and then a drizzle of maple flavored agave.
i could live on 'em.
joe and i eat in the dining room. quietly slurping and crunching and thinking about the tasks before us.
he usually tells me where he's going and when he'll be home and kisses me goodbye.
then there's me.
it's a cold day for being june 8th.
but it was still.   unusual for these parts.
so i went outside and checked on all my newly planted flowers and veggies,
checked on my plants in the greenhouse and began pulling weeds in the garden.
then i got the clippers.
then i got the rake,
then i got the shovel
and before i knew it i had spent two hours putzing and picking and pruning and playing.
i had to go in quickly to use the loo, and oh my gosh!
i had left the kettle on for my second cup of tea!
but Praise the Lord there was still a tiny bit of water in it
and nothing was ruined or burned to the ground!
from now on i'll be using the whistle part of the kettle.
though i might not have heard it outside.
this is how my day goes sometimes. flying by the seat of my favorite cotton crops,
i sat down in front of the computer with my tea and thought i'd look at etsy for a bit.
i saw an artist who knocked my socks off! so inspiring.
the kind of painter i wish i was.
he painted with fortitude and integrity, wit and charm and color and of olden days.
i wrote him.
you have to write a title to your note, so i titled it
' um. . . '
my note read,
'your work is breathtaking'
about an hour later he wrote back and said i had made his day! imagine that.

when joe came home for lunch, he told me about his hassels at home depot.
i said, in my 57 yr. old woman voice-
'well, something's got to be done' or '
we'll just see about that' or
'that's just not right'!
so we wrote a complaint. 
a real complaint.
a valid complant.
one that might just make a difference.
as we tried to send it , it just kept shutting down.
we tried to send it 6 times, but the website would just keep shutting down.
so joe called home depot and we got an e-mail address of some poor schmuck who has to take the brunt of other peoples mistakes. we sent that letter and when we did, we got 6 computerized replies from home depot, thanking us for our correspondence.

now i'm writing my blog (though i took a 5 minute friend break to talk to a kindred spirit, teri. love that girl.)
 i need to think about dinner and painting and tomorrow and other stuff come what may.
days come and go. some people think you are what you do.
i think you are what you hope to be. i hope to be joyful and grateful and at peace with where God has me.



2 comments:

  1. i can just see you in your little cropped pants!
    You're a cutie, no matter what you do with your hair or clothes.

    Twas an Earl Gray kinda day, wasn't it?
    ENJOYED it up here in Parkdale. Felt good.

    Loved your musings & look forward to MORE.
    Carry on, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love reading about your day

    and this made mine
    . . . you are what you hope to be

    ReplyDelete