Tuesday, April 12, 2011

predni-zone

a few of my past blogs have been about being sick.
it's been one heck of a winter- with an acute kidney infection followed by an intense sinus infection which lasted 4 weeks, followed by pertussis which has lasted another 6 weeks.
last week i went into the doc and got my fourth prescription of antibiotics and a prescription of prednizone.

i wish i could feel like i do taking prednizone, all the time.
even though i have still been sick, the energy has been amazing.
i feel younger. my joints don't hurt. i can sit indian style again.
i'm alert and think ahead, and i have a crazy appetite.

i have avoided this drug for years. and while i will still avoid using it long term,
it has been a blessing of relief.
i just hope that when i'm weened off in the next couple of days, that i don't go back to wheezing.

last night i laid down to sleep for the first time in weeks.
i've spent a lot of nights on the recliner or propped up in bed.

but what a wonderful time to get well.
Easter. spring. new life. ressurection.
i feel such gratitude for breathing and moving.

we never know when our complaints and plans and worries about getting things done, or money, or stress will come to a screeching halt.
not by getting everything we think we need or want, but by illness.
or something like it.
i wish so much that i could keep in this frame of mind.
grateful for everything.
smelling again. feeling the sun. tasting my food. scrubbing the floor.

i even got to watch my chicken drop an egg today -hahaha! wish i'd had my camera.

♫ you don't know what you got till it's gone ♫

thanks to my friends and loved ones who have been praying for me and thinking of me.
God bless you with good health and a grateful heart.

love, gigi

2 comments:

  1. I love it when the Lord carries us when we are the weakest. He's so gracious to us. I read today in Ps. 40:31-"Who is our God except the Lord?" Who really can compare? I'm so glad He carried you thru during this time... :) Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. well enough for a cuppa?

    I'd love to stop by this afternoon
    and check in on my favorite hen!

    cluck cluck
    x-x-x-x-x

    ReplyDelete